Thanks for attending the NE DPG Webinar- "Growing My Private Practice: Should I Take Insurance?". Below are some additional resources. Let us know if you have any questions.
How to become an in-network dietitian
Check out our full blog series on the benefits of taking insurance and, when you're ready, how to become an in-network dietitian. Overwhelmed by the jargon? Click here for a glossary of nutrition billing terms. We post new resources daily and send out a weekly newsletter with the latest nutrition insurance news.
1. SET UP YOur
- Create a list of insurance companies that you want to work with.
- Complete the CAQH.
- "Attest" that the information is correct.
- Call each insurance company from your list and speak with credentialing/contracting representative.
2. GET Credentialed
3. GET ContractED
- Complete any additional nutrition contracting paperwork that is required by your target insurance companies, most require you to mail or fax those applications in.
- Wait. Wait. Wait. It can take as long as 180 days for the insurance companies to process your paperwork.
- Once you get your first contract, you can start seeing patients from that plan!
- Double check that you show up on the insurance provider list (online). This is a great source of referrals.
- Checkout Webinar 3 for more details